The IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS) Steering Committee invites formal proposals for the 2016 conference in USA.
The primary aim of AVSS is to promote the advancement of signal processing, image and video processing, audio processing, pattern recognition, and computer vision in the context of surveillance. AVSS is a forum of reference for the field and offers the opportunity to meet and foster collaboration, with a tradition of participation from the worlds of research, industry, and relevant government agencies.
Proponents will present their proposal to the AVSS Steering Committee during IEEE AVSS 2015 in Karlsruhe, Germany.
Proposals should address the following content, format and scheduling requirements.
- Propose a clear format and scheduling of the conference. The proponents are asked to suggest a four‐day format (one day for workshops and three days for the main conference) preferably in the first half of September 2016. The format for the main conference may combine keynote talks, overview talks, panels, demo sessions and a challenge.
- Proposals are encouraged to select a location that is easily accessible.
- The characteristics of the venue and costs associated with AVSS should be included.
- Propose solutions to bring in additional reviewers outside the current list. The proposal should indicate how and how many additional reviewers will be recruited.
- The proposal should contain the following Sections:
- Organizing committee members (including email address and web page for each member)
- Conference dates and schedule
- Preliminary budget, including costs, estimated attendance and income
- Accommodation options
- Accessibility (airports, local transports)
- Sort biography of the general chair(s) and the technical chair(s)
- Tentative list of workshops and their organizers
- Theme of the challenge and organizer(s)
Proposals should be submitted by email, using as subject line “IEEE AVSS 2016: Proposal” to the Steering Committee Chair Fatih Porikli, at email@example.com by March 1, 2015.
The proposal will be evaluated and possibly refined by the AVSS Steering Committee.